Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge Launch at MWC 2016
The Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with a 5.1-inch QHD Super Amoled display, The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge houses a 5.5-inch QHD Super Amoled display panel with an Always-On display, both now comes with Exynos 8890 SoC, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor, depending on the region. Both the Galaxy S7 models offer expandable storage using a microSD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge come in two storage variants: 32GB and 64GB – both of which can be expanded via microSD card (up to 200GB). The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge are powered by an Exynos 8890 octa-core (2.3GHz quad-core + 1.6GHz quad-core) SoC or Qualcomm Snadragon 820 quad-core (2.15GHz dual-core + 1.6GHz dual-core) SoC, depending on the regions. Both the models have 4GB of RAM. Specifications include 12-megapixel ‘Dual Pixel’ rear camera with an f/1.7 aperture and smart OIS feature. On the front side, there’s a 5-megapixel selfie sensor, also featuring a f/1.7 aperture.
Galaxy S7 include a 3000mAh battery, with support for fast charging both on wired and wireless. The Galaxy S7 Edge has 3600mAh battery, with same fast charging technology as its sibling. Both the models support NFC and MST payment technologies, house a fingerprint sensor and have IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge run Android 6.0 Marshmallow, “We believe in a world that is brighter, sharper, more convenient, and more fun. We strive to deliver on that vision with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge by marrying elegant design with functionality and providing a seamless mobile experience,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We empower consumers with technology to help them get more out of life and will continue to push the frontier of what’s possible.”
Galaxy S7 Specs:
- Network: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with TouchWiz
- CPU: Snapdragon 820 processor/ Exynos 8890
- Screen: S7- 5.1-inch 2560×1440 Super AMOLED (577 PPI) / S7 Edge – 5.5 2560×1440 Super AMOLED (534 PPI)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB + microSD up to 200GB
- Camera: 12 megapixel rear camera (f1.7 and OIS)/ 5 megapixel front camera (f/1.7)
- Battery: 3000 mAh / 3600mAh
- Dimensions: S7 – 5.61 in (142.4mm) x 2.74 in (69.6mm) x 0.31 in (7.9mm) / S7 Edge – 5.94 in (150.9mm) x (2.86 in (72.6mm) x 0.30 in (7.7mm)
- Weight: S7 – 5.94 oz (152g) / S7 Edge – 5.54 oz (157g)
- Colors: Gold and Black (S7); additional silver option for the S7 Edge
- Price and Availability: Unknown, probably $700ish and March 11.
- Notable Extras: Water resistance (IP68), MST/NFC for mobile payments, Qi and PMA wireless charging, Always On display.